IDV, Inc has released 8.0.2 version of SpeedTree Cinema, is the award-winning 3D-modeling suite that allows you to model, texture, and animate, both stylized and photoreal vegetation for VFX, arch/viz, or matte paintings.
What's New in version 8.0.2:
- Timeline Wind Improvements
Exporting wind using the strength curve on the Timeline Bar now works with “.fbx” file exports. Alembic exports of models with growth disabled are faster.
- Velocity Data in Alembic Exports
An option has been added to select whether or not velocity data is included in Alembic exports.
- Edit Map Filenames
Map filenames can now be edited on the Edit Map dialog.
- Capture Camera Works in Sequence Renders
The automatic camera motion controlled in the “Capture Camera” section of the windows can now be applied to sequence renders. This feature is commonly used for turntable renderings.
- Caps on Shells Crash Fixed
Caps added to shells could cause a crash in the event the shell wasn't created.
About SpeedTree Cinema 8. SpeedTree is a suite of 3D-modeling tools that combines the efficiency of procedural modeling with the flexibility of hand modeling. Since its launch in 2001, SpeedTree has been used in hundreds of AAA and indie games and more than a hundred movies and television episodes. The software has earned a Scientific and Technical Academy Award and an Engineering Emmy, both in 2015.
SpeedTree is available in a variety of forms for game development and VFX, with subscriptions available for Unreal Engine 4 (UE4 subscription product only), Unity 5, and Lumberyard.
SpeedTree Cinema 8 launches today with dozens of new features that deliver dramatically more realistic trees and plants, with major reductions to modeling time and effort. With a new, constantly expanding library of vegetation models (Including new field and forest models), SpeedTree Cinema 8 is the most advanced version we’ve ever released and is already being adopted by top VFX studios around the world.
The most important new features of SpeedTree Cinema 8 include:
- Full PBR workflow and rendering. Supports non-destructive material editing, allowing artists to adjust textures on the fly.
- A completely new library of 150 models, ranging from seedlings to towering forest trees, includes thousands of 3D surface-scanned PBR textures. Each individual model file (.spm) contains multiple polygonal resolutions and adjustable seasonal variations.
- Vastly improved export pipeline. Exports of both meshes and wind animations now run much faster and use far less memory. Other improvements include UDIM support, better mesh unwrapping, hierarchical exports, and better bone weighting for skinned meshes.
- New leaf batching system. Leaf rendering in the SpeedTree Modeler is up to 1,000 times faster than version 7. This innovation greatly speeds the modeling process and supports the creation of more complex models.
- Major leaps in wind realism. Cinema 8 captures the complex dynamics of wind among leaves and branches more naturally than ever. The overhauled system features a realistic rolling wind effect, is much easier to tune, and includes a new wind wizard.
- Numerous other improvements. There are more than two dozen other substantial improvements including a new art director tool, an overhauled mesh cutout syst
About IDV, Inc. Interactive Data Visualization, Inc. (IDV) develops software products with a focus on both off-line and real-time 3D applications for the game development, visual simulation, engineering visualization, and animation industries. A privately held corporation, IDV was founded in 2000 in Columbia, South Carolina by Chris King and Michael Sechrest, both Computer Engineering program graduates of the University of South Carolina. After initially providing simulation and visualization software services for DOD programs, IDV gradually expanded by providing similar services to private sector clients and major defense contractors.
Product: SpeedTree Cinema
Supported Architectures: 32bit / 64bit
Website Home Page : http://store.speedtree.com/
System Requirements: PC / MacOsx
Supported Operating Systems: is not regulated
Size: 1.2 Gb